Published on : 21 October 20213 min reading time
A rural gite, to enjoy a moment of delight in Northern France
Spend a magical vacation, by opting for a self-catering cottage in the North of France. Go fishing on the Breton coast. Marvel at the splendid panorama offered by a trek in Auvergne or Nord-Pas-de-Calais. Picking flowers and mushrooms will be an enticing experience for you if you stop in a village in Puy-de-Dôme. With such a variety of points of interest and landscapes, Northern France is a tourist destination that can satisfy all desires.
Enjoy a Gîte de France, for a pleasant escape
A Gîte de France is the ideal accommodation for a dream stay in the countryside. It has the advantage of being a pleasant, independent and friendly rental, established in the heart of an exceptional setting: mountain or hill landscapes, oak or heather forests where walking is a real pleasure, impressive waterfalls… The change of scenery is guaranteed! Above all, it is provided with all the desirable elements contributing to the comfort and softness of your stay.
- Spacious, bright and very clean rooms.
- An air conditioning to free you from the worries of the climate.
- A fully equipped kitchenette – microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher… – where you can prepare your own meals to save on expenses.
- Adapted sanitary facilities
- A heated swimming pool, to satisfy swimmers or sunbathers
- A host of cultural activities: playgrounds, Jacuzzi, hammam, and board games for everyone to enjoy
- Sometimes pets are allowed, for an additional fee
How much does it cost to rent a self-catering cottage in Northern France?
It will cost between 50 and 60 euros to spend a night in a rural gite. The rate will be more economical if the stay is prolonged over a week. However, it is naïve to believe that offers are always low cost. Also, it is advisable to book your room in advance, for fear of having bad surprises at the time of departure. There are significant differences from one season to the next. Usually, a deposit is paid to the owner as a confirmation of the reservation.